art for all
Marginalised and underserved communities will be valued
We Build Networks
Watch The Mayor Of London Culture Seeds film about ‘The RENA Initiative presents: The WoWC’ project
‘The RENA Initiative presents: The WoWC (Women of White City)’ project began as a programme of painting workshops and art exhibitions on White City Estate for women – and gender identifying women – who are older, social isolated or unemployed from underserved and marginalised communities.
These workshops give intergenerational participants a safe space to make new friends, manage stress, feel visible and valued, improve their mental health and wellbeing, and share their life stories through the medium of painting.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we launched ‘The RENA Initiative presents: The WoWC Create&Connect’ project to deliver online and offline workshops remotely and provide additional support services. Thanks to the kind generosity of W12Together, Imperial Health Charity, The Health Lottery West and The National Lottery Community Fund, we expanded capacity to support women from marginalised and underserved communities across London who have been disproportionately impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are delighted to be continuing this project delivering hybrid visual art workshops and befriending outings with the support of West London NHS Trust’s Mental Health grant. You can find out more by visiting www.westlondon.nhs.uk
Bringing People Together
• Creating positive and empowering environments for women –including trans women, gender non-conforming women and non-binary persons– to share experiences and develop meaningful relationships.
• Bringing people together to improve social integration and community cohesion
Improving Mental Health & Wellbeing
• Giving a voice to women from marginalised communities to be self-expressed through visual art
• Reducing the impact of loneliness, anxiety, stress and depression
• Providing practical and emotional support to improve people’s mental health and wellbeing
• Generating opportunities to celebrate diversity, share cultures and generate conversations that will diminish barriers and create community cohesion
• Building sustainable social networks
• Unifying businesses, community organisations and local residents
• Providing a lasting positive legacy for communities